Accommodation Plan and Policy
“To be a leading provider of alpine accommodation in New Zealand.”
“To actively manage and improve the Club’s network of base accommodation and mountain huts to provide a sustainable resource and service for Club members.”
“The Accommodation Subcommittee shall oversee the management of the Club’s capital assets, and ensure that their integrity and value to the Club are enhanced by adequate short and long term plans for maintenance and repair; and plan for the construction of new buildings. With the Finance Subcommittee, the Accommodation Subcommittee shall develop long term financial strategies as part of these plans.” (Club Rules)
Strategic Plan Items: “Unwin Lodge has been upgraded to provide the Club’s flagship property at Aoraki Mount Cook; a new club hut near the Beetham Valley has been completed; average annual occupancy of Unwin, Aspiring, Porter, Homer and Arthur’s Pass lodges has increased to 40%; average annual occupancy of Pioneer, Centennial, French Ridge and Colin Todd is maintained at 30%.” (2005-2010 Plan)
- richardwesley [at] yahoo [dot] com (Richard Wesley) Convenor | Canterbury Westland Section
- mealluaine [at] actrix [dot] co [dot] nz (Alistair Walker) | Southland Section | Homer Hut
- philip [dot] tree [at] tait [dot] co [dot] nz (Phillip Tree )| Canterbury Westland Section
- ctan [at] clear [dot] net [dot] nz (Chas Tanner) | Otago Section
- twopeaks [at] xtra [dot] co [dot] nz (Ian Rogers) | South Canterbury Section
- mcbrichardson [at] gmail [dot] com (Michael Richardson) | Auckland Section | Ruapehu Hut
- unwin [at] alpineclub [dot] org [dot] nz (Simon Middlemass and Pip Walter) | Unwin Lodge Managers
- richard [dot] knott [at] xtra [dot] co [dot] nz (Richard Knott) | Central North Island Section
- terrycole [at] outlook [dot] com [dot] au (Terry Cole) | Australia Section | Porter Lodge
- john [dot] h [dot] cocks [at] nz [dot] mwhglobal [dot] com (John Cocks) | Otago Section
Accommodation Policy Document
This document contains the Club's policy on operating the accommodation network. Comments, suggestions, additions and feedback is always welcome:
All files are in printable PDF format. If you are unable to view this format please visit the site www.adobe.com to obtain a free download of the software.
2014 | May (191kb) | Sep (49kb) | Nov (46kb) |
2013 | Sep (200kb) |
2012 | Jun (12kb) | Nov (41kb) |
2010 | Jan (30kb) | Mch (20kb) |
2009 | March (13kb) | Sep (145kb) |
2008 | Feb (15kb) | Apr (17kb) | Sept (11kb) | Nov (16kb)
2007 | Mch (14kb) | Jun (30kb) |
2006 | Jul (24kb) | Oct (21kb) | Dec (11kb)
Financial Information & Past Reports
2006 Completion Report Homer Hut Upgrade (PDF, 421KB)
2001 Possible Future Hut Projects (PDF, 1.1MB)
2001 Huts Review Implementation (PDF, 58KB)
Information on Individual Huts and Lodges
More information on huts, including location, photos and history.
- Run a hut management system that provides for the lawful and efficient operation and maintenance of Club huts and associated facilities and follows modern, asset management practice.
- Investigate and identify potential important climbing accommodation locations and needs.
- Ensure that maintenance work is carried out on Club huts via Club Sections, DoC agreements, and/or the National Office.
- To balance accommodation expenditure against accommodation income.