Events and Activities Plan and Policy
National Climbing Camp 2008–09: An ascent of Faeri Queene
To promote climbing & provide services for Club members and the general climbing community, in order to lift the profile and celebrate climbing in New Zealand, and climbing by New Zealanders.
A new committee is being established, so this page will be updated after it has formed, which will hopefully be sometime after August 2013
- To actively promote climbing through grants, events and provision of other services to Club members.
- Liaise with the UIAA to ensure maximum club benefit from membership, including reciprocal rights.
PhotoComp 09 Overall Champion: Grandness by Anthony RacCurrent Projects and Key Results:
- Operate a Club travel insurance scheme for members.
- Manage and distribute the Expedition fund to agreed criteria.
- Generate contributions to the expedition fund by way of bequests, membership renewal forms & profits from events.
- January 2010 Climbing Camp in the Matukituki Valley area hosted by the Otago Section.
- Banff Film Festival as an ongoing national event around the country with the possibility of a small percentage of section profits paid back to specified national funds such as the Home of Mountaineering or the Expedition Fund.
- Investigate national speaker tour opportunities.
- National Photographic Competition run to encourage entries from Club members.