Events and Activities Plan and Policy
National Climbing Camp 2008–09: An ascent of Faeri Queene
To promote climbing & provide services for Club members and the general climbing community, in order to lift the profile and celebrate climbing in New Zealand, and climbing by New Zealanders.
Headquarters Committee (John Nankervis – Expedition Fund and UIAA, Pat Deavoll Activities and Events Co-ordinator)
- To actively promote climbing through grants, events and provision of other services to Club members.
- Liaise with the UIAA to ensure maximum club benefit from membership, including reciprocal rights.
PhotoComp 09 Overall Champion: Grandness by Anthony RacCurrent Projects and Key Results:
- Operate a Club travel insurance scheme for members.
- Manage and distribute the Expedition fund to agreed criteria.
- Generate contributions to the expedition fund by way of bequests, membership renewal forms & profits from events.
- January 2010 Climbing Camp in the Matukituki Valley area hosted by the Otago Section.
- Banff Film Festival as an ongoing national event around the country with the possibility of a small percentage of section profits paid back to specified national funds such as the Home of Mountaineering or the Expedition Fund.
- Investigate national speaker tour opportunities.
- National Photographic Competition run to encourage entries from Club members.