As a member you are entitled to all the same discounts and benefits that those living in New Zealand are. Membership includes the NZAC Alpine Journal (issued Dec) and the quarterly ‘The Climber’ magazine, hut fee and guidebook discounts. A full list of benefits can be viewed here:
The Club has several online places where overseas members can make contact with other like-minded climbers and keep in touch with Club activities:
- NZAC Noticeboard: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nzacnoticeboard
- Mojozone: Forum and climbing buddies http://mojozone.co.nz
- Australia: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/aussiemountaineers/
- Buy & Sell gear: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nzacbuysell
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=5638346254
2012 Climbing Camp: Mt Cook
These are run regularly by sections and there is an annual Climbing Camp that is often attended by overseas members. For details on local trips, please see Section newsletters. For information on the next Climbing Camp, please see:
The sections organise local instruction courses and these will be advertised in area newsletters, under the Sections header on the Club website. The main body of the Club runs National Instruction Courses and details on these are advertised here: National Instruction. As a member you can attend any course run by the Club, or local sections, if coming to New Zealand, or Australia.
– available for online purchase on the NZAC website - shop online
The NZAC publish a range of guidebooks that cover all of the main mountain climbing regions of New Zealand. We also stock a range of other guidebooks and PDF downloads on various rock climbing areas.
New Zealand Alpine Club as per details supplied in the footer below.
None are held for this section