The Wellington Section is a large, active section based in New Zealand’s capital city. Please see the section's own website for further details on their trips and activities: (their website is down until further notice)
The section produce a monthly newsletter called 'Vertigo'. Click on the image above for the lastest issue. Past and present copies are also available for download at Section Resources.
Web: (their website is down until further notice)
Email: wellington [at] alpineclub [dot] org [dot] nz (Wellington Section)
Post: PO Box 1628, Wellington 6140
The section meets at the Southern Cross Garden Bar and Restaurant at 6pm generally on the first Wednesday of the month. Time and place does vary from time to time with updated details available on their Facebook page or in the Vertigo newsletter. New members are welcome
Details of speakers at Section meetings are in the newsletter above.
Below are links to five upcoming snowcraft courses being held during winter 2015. They are all being held out of Tukino Lodge, Mt Ruapehu.
- Introduction to Snowcraft course (Friday 26 June to Sunday 28 June)
- Introduction to Snowcraft course BACK-UP weekend (Friday 17 July - Sunday 19 July)
- Basic Snowcraft course (Friday 24 July to Sunday 26 July)
- Basic Snowcraft course (Friday 7 August to Sunday 9 August)
- Introduction to Snowcraft course (Friday 21 August to Sunday 23 August)