Unwin Easter Rock Meet
The inaugural Rock Climbing Meet was held at Unwin Lodge over 4 days at Easter 2013. Due to its success, it has been decided to continue on an annual basis.
This is a great chance to try a new area and meet other climbers.
The cost of the Camp includes your camp fee, accommodation at Unwin Lodge, a barbeque night and guest speaker night.
Spaces on the meet are limited and acceptance is on a first in first served basis.
Unwin Easter Rock-Climbing Course
At the inaugural event in 2013, a Rock Climbing Course ran in conjunction with the Meet. It was for those who have basic skillls (maybe indoor or toproping experience) who wanted to learn to lead outside.
- Instruction, accommodation, gear hire, inclusion in Unwin Easter Rock Climbing Meet evening events and talks.
- Did not include: Food, transport.
Equipment: Participants must have harness, shoes, chalk bag, belay device and two screw-gate karabiners. All other equipment will be provided.
- Movement on rock. Bouldering.
- Essential knots.
- Using a guide book.
- Belaying and abseiling. Belaying off the anchor, off the harness.
- Leading on bolts; getting off a climb; falling safely; retrieving gear.
- Placing trad gear; building anchors from trad gear; leading on trad.
- Sport climbing ethics; leading on bolts; getting off top of climb safely.
- Multi-pitch climbing.