Unwin Easter Rock Meet
Unwin Easter Rock Climbing Meet
March 29-April 1, 2013
This is a great chance to try a new area and meet other climbers.
The cost of the Camp in$100 dollars. This includes your camp fee, plus four nights accommodation at Unwin Lodge (Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun), a barbeque night and guest speaker night.
Spaces on the meet are limited and acceptance will be on a first in first served basis. Registration will close on March 25th or at such time as the meet is full.
Unwin Easter Rock-Climbing Course
A Rock Climbing Course will run in conjunction with the Meet. This is for those who have basic skillls (maybe indoor or toproping experience) who want to learn to lead outside.
Where:Unwin Lodge; Aoraki Mt Cook; Sebastapol Bluffs.
For whom:Those with basic (indoor or top roping) rock climbing skills who want to learn to lead outdoors, both trad climbing and sport climbing.
When: 29th, 30th, 31st March, 1st April. Arriving at Unwin Lodge on the evening of the 28th. Four days.
Instructor: Dave Brasch.
- Includes Instruction, accommodation, gear hire, inclusion in Unwin Easter Rock Climbing Meet evening events and talks.
- Does not include: Food, transport.
Equipment: Participants must have harness, shoes, chalk bag, belay device and two screw-gate karabiners. All other equipment will be provided.
Arrival: Meet instructor (Dave) and other participants at Unwin Lodge, 6pm on Thursday 28th March.
Finish:3pm Monday 1st April
- Movement on rock. Bouldering.
- Essential knots.
- Using a guide book.
- Belaying and abseiling. Belaying off the anchor, off the harness.
- Leading on bolts; getting off a climb; falling safely; retrieving gear.
- Placing trad gear; building anchors from trad gear; leading on trad.
- Sport climbing ethics; leading on bolts; getting off top of climb safely.
- Multi-pitch climbing.
|Unwin Course Registration.doc||50.5 KB|
|Registration Rock Meet 2nd.docx||19.14 KB|