Unwin Arts Workshops
CHECK OUT THE UNWIN ARTS WORKSHOPS COMING UP SHORTLY...
1) FOUR DAY WATERCOLOUR PAINTING WORKSHOP
WITH EXPERIENCED CHRISTCHURCH ART TUTOR
MAY 4th -7th
(arriving on the evening of the 3rd)
At Unwin Lodge, Aoraki Mt Cook
This is a workshop for both beginners and experienced painters and the focus will be on the development of each individuals painting practice through a guided encounter with the Mt Cook environment.
Pat's focus is on enabling each individual in the skill of watercolour painting technique.Participants will use the workshop as a launching pad to fuel their own art exploration
Check out Pat's website HERE.
Arrival time: Meet at Unwin Lodge 3rd May for a prepared dinner at 6.30pm.
Departure time: Around 3pm on May 7th
Numbers: Max 6
Cost: $750.00 for NZAC members; $850 for non-members.
To download information on the course click here.
Applicants may be NZAC members or non-members. The fee for non-members is slightly higher. The course fee includes instruction, accommodation,dinners and transport from Chch if required. It doesn’t include breakfast or lunch. You will be expected to pay a $300 deposit at the time of registration to secure your place on the course. Cancellation insurance is available.
About the tutor....
Pat has been a member of the New Zealand Alpine Club since 1968. Over the years she has regularly combined her love of climbing with her talent for art, to capture the beauty of the Southern Alps of New Zealand.
From 1973-1989 she worked as an illustrator and book designer with the Tussock Grasslands and Mountainlands Institute. Since the closure of the department she has worked as a freelance artist, capturing our wonderful mountain landscapes in watercolour.
2) FOUR DAY MOUNTAIN PHOTOGRAPHY COURSE
WITH AWARD WINNING MOUNTAIN PHOTOGRAPHER
MARK WATSON (Highlux Photography)
May 3rd-6th (arriving evening of May 2nd)
At Unwin Lodge, Aoraki Mt Cook
To see Mark's blogsite, CLICK HERE
Mark Watson is a Lyttelton-based freelance photographer specialising in landscape, lifestyle and travel.Last year he had two finalist entries in the NZ Geographic Photographer of the Year competition, with one winning a Highly Commended.He has won Overall Champion in the NZAC Photographic Competition twice and multiple category champion prizes.
Mark is currently publishing his first book, Our Mountains (jointly with Paul Hersey) exploring 15 New Zealand mountains that define our people and landscape.
His photography is represented by Getty Images, photonewzealand and Hedgehog House and has been widely published in books, magazines and catalogues. Regular clients include Wilderness magazine, Abseil Access, Physiosouth and Cactus Equipment.
- This course is aimed at keen "intermediate" digital or film photographers who want to extend their skills to produce better mountain landscape images.
- Course participants can be NZAC members or non- members. The fee for non-members is slightly higher.
- Course participants will have all their own camera equipment and, if shooting digitally, an ability to download files into their own portable computer.
- There will be evening lectures on adventures and expedition photojournalism as well as sessions to discuss techniques and raw file processing.
- The course aims to spend one night in Mueller Hut to take images of the sunset and dawn.
- After the course, processed images will be discussed and a selection sent to The Climber and/or New Zealand Alpine Journal for publication.
- Images may also be submitted to NZAC's photo competition later in the year.
- Participants are expected to arrive by 6pm May 2nd for a welcome dinner with the ‘painters.’ Departure will be mid afternoon on May 6th
Course cost: $800 per person for members; $900 for non-members.
Maximum number: 8
(The Course cost includes all instruction, accommodation and transport Chch-Mt Cook-Chch if required and evening meals .)
You will be required to pay a $300 non-refundable deposit to secure your place on the course. Loss of Deposit Insurance is available. Applicants may be non-members although the fee is a little higher.
|Unwin Painting Reg 2013.docx||48.94 KB|
|Unwin Photo 2013 Reg edit.docx||23.21 KB|
|EQUIPMENT LIST Watercolour.pdf||241.51 KB|