American Alpine Club 2017 International Climbers’ Meet
American Alpine Club is now taking applications for the 2017 International Climbers’ Meet to be held in Yosemite Valley
The American Alpine Club is hosting its 10th annual International Climbers’ Meet (ICM), to be held the week of Oct 8th – Oct 14th, 2017 in Yosemite Valley. This year, we will have three days of education programming, host climbers available for guidance, and, per usual, an international cast of characters that will be crushing Yosemite.
Applicants should have intermediate or advanced level experience with:
- Placement and removal of protection
- Multi-pitch rope management
- At least two years of technical rock climbing
- The ability to follow sustained 5.8 granite
Early Bird fee until July 31 is $475 USD per person.
Beginning Aug 1, the fee will be $525 *
Your fee includes:
- Seven nights and six days of camping at secluded Yellow Pines camp ground
- Three gourmet catered meals per day from Sierra Gourmet catering
- Six days of climbing in spectacular Yosemite Valley
- Three optional instructional days hosted by AMGA certified guides and instructors
- Pre-dinner mini-clinics on a range of technical topics
- Nightly campfire for storytelling, socializing, and general carousing
- Partner with other participants or experienced host climbers
Participants provide their own transportation to Yosemite Valley, California. A full roster will be sent to all participants for coordinating ride sharing.
*Cancelation Policy: One half of fee will be returned until Sept 4th. No fee refund after Sept 4th
International applicants: You will receive notification of the status of your acceptance by May 31st
USA applicants: You must be an AAC member to participate. You will receive notification of the status of your acceptance by June 18th
If the event is not full after the above dates:
WE WILL BE ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS UP UNTIL ONE WEEK BEFORE THE EVENT on a first come first serve basis, but SPACE is LIMITED.
To obtain an application go to https://americanalpineclub.org/international-climbers-meet
Submit attached application electronically via e-mail to email@example.com
Questions? Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information go to: https://americanalpineclub.org/international-climbers-meet
Also an event post on NZAC here
Posted By: Margaret McMahon