Arnold Heine Book Auction Friday 17 June
The sale of the Arnold Heine Collection of mountain and exploration books will take place by auction this Friday 17th June.
The books are on view from 5.30pm; with the auction from 7.30pm. This will be followed by a book sale on Saturday 18th June, from 9.30am. These events will be held at HUTT VALLEY TRAMPING CLUB, Birch St Reserve, Waterloo, Lower Hutt and hosted by Les Molloy, Patron of FMC; Dave Bamford, NZAC; and Dennis Page, President of HVTC.
- Most of the late Arnold Heine’s wonderful book collection, more than 1,500 books, will be sold.
- All of the proceeds of the auction and sale will be donated to the Federated Mountain Clubs of New Zealand (FMC) Mountain and Forest Trust.
- Arnold’s unique book collection is strong in mountaineering and exploration – ranging from the Himalaya and Tibet, through Central Asia and Siberia, Europe, North America, to the Pacific.
- There are many out-of-print books on New Zealand’s mountaineering history, tramping, hunting, geology, ecology, conservation and culture, as well as guidebooks.
- Some books are signed by A J Heine and some have a Heine Library bookplate.
AUCTION - from 7.30 pm on Friday 17th June - 103 lots of rarer books, on view from 5.30pm. A catalogue of the lots is available from [email protected].
BOOK SALE - from 9.30am on Saturday 18th June - all remaining books. These books will not be on view until 9.3 am on Saturday morning.
VENUE: Hutt Valley Tramping Club, Birch St Reserve, from Birch St, Waterloo, Lower Hutt.
Note: Some seriously rare/collectable books from Arnold’s Library - mostly Polar and Himalayan - are being sold through Colin Monteath’s Barking Mad Books website.