NZAC Accommodation and Hut Policy
This protocol is to outline the NZAC accommodation and hut policy under the orange Covid alert level.
The health and well-being of staff, volunteers, members and visitors to NZAC Huts and Lodges is paramount.
The NZAC policy is consistent with that announced by the Department of Conservation on 2 December 2021. All users of NZAC accommodation are to be fully vaccinated with a vaccine passport.
I am asking all our members to take a pragmatic and responsible approach to ensuring their own and others health in the use of huts.
Use hand sanitizer and masks as required, stay away if you are feeling unwell and make sure you and members of your party have a vaccine passport.
Please be respectful of our NZAC staff who will want you to use your tracer app and to see your vaccine passport.
Please be respectful of other accommodation users. There is much concern about Covid spreading into our communities and as Club members we can support and look after each other.
Ngā mih nui
- NZ COVID-19 tracer QR code posters will be displayed at the entrance of the facility.
- Guests must use the NZ COVID-19 tracer QR code before entering the facility or register their contact details in the facility visitor book.
- The number of people using the facility cannot exceed the number of beds available in the facility.
- NZMGA Guides and related companies using NZAC accommodation facilities for commercial activities must ensure their guests are fully vaccinated and can provide proof of vaccination.
- Staff at Unwin Lodge may request to see proof of vaccination of guests using Unwin Lodge facilities. Volunteer Wardens at Homer Hut may request proof of vaccination of guests using Homer Hut facilities.
- As far as reasonably practicable, guests should maintain a 1m distance from each other.
- As far as reasonably practicable, guests should refrain from moving from one sleeping room to another.
- Face masks are mandatory for use inside the facility at level Red and Orange and encouraged at level Green.
- It is expected that guests will maintain effective personal hygiene.
- Lodge managers and hut wardens will ensure all public areas are maintained to an effective hygiene standard.
- It is expected that guests will be respectful of other facility users.