Instruction Coordinator (fixed term, part time) – New Zealand Alpine Club
Work in an industry which you love, in a job offering stability and flexibility!
Coordinate training and safety, enabling more people to get outdoors
Unique not for profit opportunity
Do you want to work at the hub of the New Zealand climbing and mountaineering scene, inspiring and enabling present and future generations of Kiwi climbers?
Since 1891, New Zealand Alpine Club (NZAC) has been actively supporting climbers to get out there and pursue great adventures. With a growing membership of over 4000 our goal is to foster and support an active climbing and mountaineering community.
This is a 0.5 FTE part-time position which can either be based at our office in Christchurch or remotely throughout New Zealand. Using your advanced technical knowledge and administrative skills you will be responsible for:
- Coordinating, supporting and promoting our National Instruction Programme, delivered by a combination of volunteer and paid professional instructors,
- Using your knowledge of outdoor safety systems to maintain and improve our safety management systems including writing documents, maintaining information and championing the system to all within the Club,
- Working with Sections to ensure all trips and instruction are delivered within our standards
To be successful in this role you’ll need to be:
- An enthusiastic and knowledgeable climber with experience in development or maintenance of outdoor safety management systems
- An articulate, organised and motivated self- starter
- Demonstrate advanced administration and relationship management skills
- Be comfortable and confident with technology
- Have demonstrated ability to juggle competing priorities
- Enjoy process and systems and maintain a quality improvement approach to these
- Display innovation and look for opportunities to add value
This is an exciting opportunity for an industry expert to add value to the climbing community. As a six-month parental leave cover position offering excellent flexibility it would suit a professional looking to supplement other income with some stability. If this sounds like the job you’ve been dreaming about, don’t hesitate, apply now!
Applications close 5pm 21st March 2022, salary negotiable based on skills and experience.
Download the Job Description here.
For more information please contact:
Karen Leacock – NZAC General Manager
021 545 7404