Colin Todd Hut
Mt Aspiring National Park
Huts are open and back to full capacity as long as we remain at COVID19 Alert Level 1. Check the government website for the latest information on levels and restrictions.
Keeping yourself and others safe
It’s important that visitors take responsibility for their own Covid-19 hygiene and safety:
- If you are sick, stay home.
- If you have cold or flu symptoms, call your doctor or Healthline and get tested.
- Wash your hands, thoroughly and often, using soap you carry with you.
- Keep track of where you have been. Complete the hut book and take a photo for your records.
1. When booking in advance you must take your receipt with you to show proof of payment to the DoC Warden. If you cannot show proof of payment, you will likely be required to pay again by them.
2. You need to log in first, when booking, to obtain member rates.
One of the most well-loved climber’s huts in the country, this cosy little red alpine refuge from the weather is perched right at the base of the classic north west ridge of Mount Aspiring.
1,800m on Shipowner Ridge 300m below junction with NW ridge of Mt Aspiring, Mount Aspiring National Park.
Detailed map below.
12 bunks, DoC radio, water tank, and toilet.
From Pearl Flat up west bank to head of valley. Then up waterfall and slabs to Bevan Col. Across Bonar Glacier. From French Ridge Hut over the Quarterdeck and down Bonar Glacier.
- Members $20 per night
- Non-members $40 per night
- Youth rate (11-17 years) $10 per night
- Children (10 yrs and under) free
Hut fees payable online by credit card or bank transfer (NZ accounts only) – see above, to Aspiring Hut Warden (when resident) or the Department of Conservation Wanaka.
No bookings are possible. The hut is open all year round and beds are allocated on a first-in first-served basis.
POINT (168.69352341 -44.3716005)
NZTopo50: CA11 569 778
NZMS260 (old): E39 669 395