French Ridge Hut
Out of stock
Mt Aspiring National Park
The New Zealand Government requires all people who arrived in the country after 1 am Monday 16 March or if you develop symptoms of COVID-19 like a cough, fever, shortness of breath, sneezing or a runny nose, to go into self-isolation for 14 days. You cannot stay or camp at any NZAC huts or lodges during your 14-day self-isolation period.
All bookings of NZAC huts have also now been halted. If you wish to make future group bookings or make manual payments for anything, including past hut stays, please email Margaret who can help you with this.
1. When booking in advance you must take your receipt with you to show proof of payment to the DoC Warden. If you cannot show proof of payment, you will likely be required to pay again by them.
2. You need to log in first, when booking, to obtain member rates.
This large alpine hut is located just below the snow line and offers amazing views across the Matukituki Valley, and provides a safe haven on route to ascents of Mount Aspiring.
1,465m on the Mt French ridge, West Matukituki Valley, Mount Aspiring National Park.
Detailed map below.
20 bunks, DoC radio, water tank, toilet.
2 hours from Aspiring Hut to Pearl Flat then 3 hours up French Ridge through steep bush and open tussock.
- Members $20 per night
- Non-members $40 per night
- Youth rate (11-17 years) $10 per night
- Children (10 yrs and under) free
Hut fees payable online by credit card or bank transfer (NZ accounts only) – see above, to the Aspiring Hut Warden if resident, or to the Department of Conservation Wanaka.
POINT (168.69399548 -44.4286314)
NZTopo50: CA11 572 715
NZMS260 (old): E39 673 332