Request for news and information – New edition of the Mt Aspiring/Tititea and the Otago Alpine Regions Guidebook
New edition of the Mt Aspiring/Tititea and the Otago Alpine Regions Guidebook
We (Nick Shearer and Neil Sloan) are working on a new edition of the Mount Aspiring Region guidebook. This new edition will be expanded to include guides to the Forbes Ranges.
The four major blocks of peaks we aim to comprehensively cover are:
- Humboldt Mountains – Barrier Range – Snowdrift Range – Bryneira Range – Waipara Range – Dart Glacier Peaks.
- Forbes Mountains – Richardson Mountains – Rees Valley head.
- Matukituki Valley Peaks
- Wilkin / Siberia peaks and peaks around to Haast Pass.
If you have been in these areas and can provide updated information, we want to hear from you. If there are climbers out there looking for a challenge and wanting to explore less-visited alpine areas on a fact-finding mission, we can help by providing a list of peaks that need revisiting.
Some of the things we are looking for include:
- High resolution colour photographs
- information such as errors and omissions in the current (2016) edition
- suggestions for improvements to the current edition
- Changes to existing routes, access and huts
- New routes
Please contact the authors directly:
Nick Shearer [email protected]
Phone 021 023 42436
Neil Sloan [email protected]
Phone 027 338 5560 or 03 443 1041
Posted By: Ashlee