RETURNING HOME – an Adventure Book Tour of New Zealand
Join author, entrepreneur and adventurer Sequoia Schmidt in New Zealand as she cycles the length of the country on a book tour of her autobiography: Journey of Heart; A Sojourn to K2.
- Queenstown Lakes District Library: Tuesday 11th April, 2017 – 5pm-7pm
- Dunedin City Library: Wednesday 12th April, 2017 – 5.30-7.30pm
- Upper Riccarton Library, Christchurch: Thursday 13th April, 2017 – 5.30-7.30pm
- Wellington Central Library: Thursday 20th April, 2017 – 5.30-7.30pm
- Palmerston North Central Library: Saturday 22nd April 2017 – 12.30-2.30pm
- Napier Public Library: Monday 24th April, 2017 – 5.30-7.30pm
- Tauranga Library: Saturday 29th April, 2017 – 12.30-2.30pm
- Creative Space Waikato, Hamilton: Monday 1st May, 2017 – 6-8pm
- Auckland Central Library: Thursday 4th May, 2017 – 5.30-7.30pm
It has been ten long years since Sequoia returned to her homeland, New Zealand.
New Zealand/Aotearoa holds some beautiful memories of her past, and also her pain. This will be Sequoia’s first time to return since her famed mountaineering father, Marty Schmidt, and her 25-year-old brother Denali Schmidt, were killed in an avalanche on the mountain, K2.
Now, four years after their deaths, Sequoia is a published author of the award-winning book Journey of Heart; A Sojourn to K2.
Sequoia will bring her writing with her as she cycles the entire length across the country stopping in nine cities to sign and perform readings from her non-fiction account.
Adventure runs strong in her family, and during this book tour, Sequoia hopes to experience new, inspiring and thrilling adventures that Aotearoa and its people have to offer.
The plan is one bike, nine cities and four adventure sports to be accomplished on this trip to New Zealand titled: Returning Home – The Adventure Book Tour.
About the Author
Twenty-six year old author, entrepreneur and adventurer Sequoia Schmidt was born in Napier, New Zealand and migrated to America just before her 16th birthday. Now living in Los Angeles, California, she has her own company, is a published (hard copy and online) writer and currently producing a motion picture about the life of her father, New Zealand mountaineer Marty Schmidt.
Posted By: Narina Sutherland