CW Section - Snow 2 (Intermediate Snowcraft)
Intermediate Snowcraft Course
This is an intermediate snow course run on 8th and 9th October (head to Arthurs Pass Lodge evening of Friday 7th October). Cost for this course is $300 per person.
This course is not for beginners and at a minimum you must have attended a Snow One or equivalent course or be an experienced alpine tramper with sound ice axe and crampon use who is looking to progress to climbing on steeper mountain terrain.
What WILL be taught:
- Snow anchors and construction.
- Natural rock anchors (bollards and threads).
- Pitch climbing techniques.
- Steep snow climbing.
- Escaping the system.
What WILL NOT be taught:
- Glacier travel.
- Crevasse rescue.
- Avalanche awareness.
- Lead belaying.
What IS REQUIRED to attend:
- Current NZAC members only upon the return completion of the registration form.
- Attended a minimum Snow One or equivalent course.
- Competent and experienced alpine tramper (experienced with ice axe and crampon use).
- Knowledge of avalanche awareness, equipment and its use.
- Know how to lead belay (not with a gri gri).
- Good fitness level Knowledge of knots (list provided with course registration details).
- Payment of the course fee must be made within 7 days of return of registration form and confirmed when deposited so it can be checked.
- This course is ONLY FOR members from Canterbury and who can car pool from Christchurch on the Friday evening, leaving 5pm at the latest (we will not allow individuals to drive to Arthurs Pass on their own and in their own time - NO EXCEPTIONS).
What the course fee of $300 WILL cover:
Friday night accommodation at NZAC Arthurs Pass Lodge, Saturday evening meal, accommodation, 1 x breakfast at Temple Basin Ski Field Ferrier Lodge, equipment highlighted if requested, two days instruction by and experienced guide and instructors.
What the course fee WILL NOT cover:
Friday night evening meal, Saturday breakfast, 2 x lunches (please provide your own). Petrol costs when carpooling (please bring cash for your driver â minimum $30 suggested).
This course has a maximum of 10 students only and is on a first come, members only basis and your spot will only be guaranteed once registration and payment received in time that others have not taken the 10 positions before you so donât miss out!
Please contact Craig Hosking [email protected] to express an interest and a registration form and further course information will be sent out.
8 October 2016 - 9 October 2016
Members only $300
If you have registered on this website or are an NZAC member please login first before applying to join this course.