CW Section - Sport Lead Climbing Course (Rock Two)
Due to demand with the first Rock 2 course in November being full with a waitlist we have put on a second course for the season.
Saturday 8th April (backup for weather Sunday 9th April).
A course designed for those making the transition from indoor or outdoor top rope climbing, looking to learn how to lead on bolts.
Lead belaying (not with a gri gri) would be an advantage bu some lead belaying will also be taught for those needing it.
The course will cover the following only:
- Balance and movement on rock
- Placing gear
- Sport Lead climbing
- Setting up sport anchors
- Transition at the anchor station.
Course equipment required as follows:
- Harness (please provide yourself).
- Rock Shoes (please provide yourself).
- Climbing helmet*
- Belay device and screw gate biner*
- Safety chain / daisy chain and screw gate biner*
- Prussick - 1m before tying (please provide yourself - can be purchased at Bivouac)
- Third screw gate biner*
- Chalk bag (optional - please provide yourself)
* can be provided by C/W section if required.
This course is limited to 8 participants, aged 16 and over with current NZAC members getting first priorty, after this, non NZAC members will be allowed on if spots available.
The cost of the course is $50.00 for NZAC members / Students and $80.00 for non-members and is non-refundable if you have to withdraw without enough time to find a replacement for your spot.
Please contact Clayton on [email protected] with details of your climbing level, membership details if current and any other relevant details.
A registration form will be sent out to those accepted onto the course and the course fee must be paid upon returning the form to guarantee your spot.
This course is only available to those in the Canterbury/Westland Section area.
8 April 2017
Non members $80; Members / Students $50
If you have registered on this website or are an NZAC member please login first before applying to join this course.