CW Section - Rope Rescue & Trad Anchor Course
Rope Rescue & Trad Anchor Course
Canterbury / Westland Section
This course is designed to upskill and refresh NZAC members on the finer points of traditional climbing anchors, placements, and basic rope rescue skills needed for multi-pitch climbing. It will be held at Rapaki Rock in Christchurch.
To be considered for this course, all students must have;
- Attended a NZAC trad lead climbing course
- Placed trad gear on lead
- Been shown how to set a trad anchor (for single pitch trad climbs)
- Know how to abseil using a prussic as a safety
- Know how to lead belay
- Be aged 16 or more
The course will include where time permits but not be limited, to the following sessions:
- Refresher on appropriate trad anchor placements
- Multi point trad anchor building.
- Belaying from the anchor.
- Personal rope rescue skills:
- Escape the belay.
- Unload a loaded belay device.
- Lowering with ATC in guide mode / trouble shooting.
- Facilitate a simple assisted hoist system.
- Best practice safety abseil.
This is a NZAC members only course and has a maximum of 8 positions available.
Non-members are welcome to apply but all paperwork (membership, paying for the course fee) must be completed within 48 hrs of the registration form being sent out to avoid missing out.
Please contact Clayton [email protected] with your full name, phone number and a history of your climbing experience and any relevant courses you have completed in the past.
Spots will only be given if you can meet the criteria asked so itâs important you give as many details in your first email to speed things up on a course that will be filled very quickly!Photo credit: Tom Hoyle
Rapaki Rock, Christchurch
27 October 2018
NZAC Members only $75
If you have registered on this website or are an NZAC member please login first before applying to join this course.