WN Section - Easter Mystery South Westland Peak Ascent
Easter 2017 - Easter Mystery South Westland Peak Ascent
Objective: G (name withheld for reasons that will become obvious)
Height: Just over 2000ms
Location: South Westland
Trip leader: Don French
- X Wellington: Wednesday 12th April (Car on Ferry)
- Enter Mountains: Friday 14th
- Intended Summit Day: Sunday 16th
- Other objectives: Monday 17th to Friday 21st
- Exit mountains: Saturday 22nd
- Return Wellington: PM Sunday 23rd
The mountain was first climbed in 1952. I (and others) have not been able to find any record of subsequent ascents. It has been attempted many times. The mountain has never been climbed from this side.
More information (pictures, maps etc) will be released once team is confirmed.
Climber Requirements: Some mountaineering experience. Multiday trip experience. Some off track experience. Rock skills to grade 16.
More information: email: firstname.lastname@example.org Mobile: 027 445 2980
12 April 2017 - 23 April 2017