Some NZAC huts re-opening
Good news – some of our huts are reopening tomorrow (16/05/2020) in time for our first weekend at level 2! Please ensure that you check the hut page for individual information about your favourite hut. Other huts will be re-opening over the coming weeks as we are able we get the requirements in place.
It is essential that you book at least a day before (for bookable huts) and pay your hut fees (for unbookable huts). If you want to use a bookable hut this weekend pay by credit card, as bank transfers won’t come through in time.
There are some new COVID-19 restrictions in place.
You MUST not use NZAC facilities if you are unwell and they are not suitable for self-isolation.
Where the capacity of the hut is greater than 10, it is now reduced to no more than 10.
Many of the alpine huts are very small, and you will need to consider back-up arrangements in case you arrive and there are already others using the facility, in order to maintain social distancing. If it is possible to share the facility while maintaining social distance, consider discussing staggered mealtimes and common room use with other parties who are also there.
Keeping yourself and others safe
It’s important that visitors take responsibility for their own Covid-19 hygiene and safety:
- Clean the hut and toilet before you use it and before you leave the hut
- You need to carry your own cleaning and protective equipment to safely use shared facilities (including toilets)
- Enable contact tracing – every user must complete the hut book. Take a picture of it if you are able for future reference if needed.
- Practise physical distancing – 2 m for people you do not know
- Have a Plan B in case you arrive and others are already using the facility – take a tent.
Happy and safe adventuring!
Posted By: Karen Leacock