Back to all Back

Tasman Saddle Hut Closed for Maintenance Work UPDATED – 27th February – 4th March

The weather outlook is not settled enough next week for the planned work at Tasman Saddle Hut so we are postponing and will reschedule for the week following. Hopefully a good high pressure system will come through to provide us with at least 3 to 4 settled days.

The NEW proposed dates are 27th Feb through to 4th March.

We will advise prior to the work to confirm it is happening.

If you are planning a trip into the upper Tasman Glacier, please use Kelman Hut during this time.

Ngā mihi
David Dittmer,
Senior Ranger, Search & Rescue, Recreation & Historic
Department of Conservation – Te Papa Atawhai
Aoraki/Mt.Cook Office

Posted: 15/02/17

Posted By: Margaret McMahon