All NZAC Instruction is guided by the NZAC SafetyManagement Systems. This document is updated on a regular basis. The club has a duty of care to all instruction course participants and is committed to complying with all relevant legislation and regulatory requirements.
- Ensuring that beginner alpine and rock courses are available to Club members equally in all sections throughout New Zealand.
- Provide training for section instructors.
- Run specialist courses (eg ice climbing, bolting) where demand can be shown.
- Develop instruction courses for youth climbing.
- Ensure that all Club courses (national and section) are run safely and benchmarked to industry standards.
- Agreement on an appropriate Club budget (supported by targeted grant and participant fees) to subsidise the courses at a reasonable level to encourage member participation.