The Publications Convenor is a member of CCM which meets twice a year.
The Publications Convenor is elected by the AGM and is therefore responsible to the wider Club membership.
- Keeping an overview of all NZAC publications – Climber, Alpine Journal, and Guidebooks. Proactively seeking and liaising with guidebook authors where necessary.
- Convening Publications subcommittee meetings at least once a year, prior to the May CCM.
- Attend Club Committee meetings (usually held in May and October).
- Attend the Convenors meetings (held twice a year, usually 2 months before each CCM).
- Preparation of reports/summaries for CCM and Convenors meetings
- Writing a Publications summary for the Annual report
- Providing strategic direction to the Managing Editor/designer where appropriate.
- Provide input to monthly Executive Committee meetings where possible.
- The Honorary Secretary, the Honorary Treasurer and the Executive, Accommodation and Publications Conveners shall be elected for the ensuing year at the Annual General Meeting and may be re-elected annually, for a maximum period of five years.