Volunteer of the Year
NZAC Volunteer of the Year (VOTY) is awarded at each AGM. Individuals and Sections nominate an NZAC volunteer that they think has done great work over the course of the previous year. This was first awarded in 2008 to acknowledge the hard work done by our much appreciated, behind the scenes volunteers. The Club was lucky enough to gain permission from (Veteran 50yr Member) Edgar Glass (1930-2008) and his family, to use his ice-axe for this special, annual award.
Criteria for Nomination and Nomination Form
All nominees must have:
- Been a NZAC member for at least 5 years, unless their contribution has been such that a lesser time is deemed acceptable.
- A current volunteer involvement with the Club.
- Completed voluntary (ie unpaid) work that primarily benefits NZAC.
Nominees will be assessed on the basis of:
- The approximate amount of time they have spent volunteering for NZAC
- The consistency of effort they have made over many months/years
- The level of commitment and sacrifices they have made to achieve tasks
- The level of skills they have contributed to NZAC
- The impact their contribution has made on Club operations, at section and/or national level
Nominations will be accepted from NZAC members, NZAC sections, sub-committees, NZAC staff and must be signed off by the relevant section chairperson, sub-committee convener.
The nomination form can be downloaded here and returned by October 9th 2023.
2022 - Jim Davidson
2021 - Patricia Prendergast
2020 - Scott Taylor
2019 - Ant Stead
2018 - Rob Frost
2017 - Matt Humphries
2016 - Max Dorfliger and Richard Brasier
2015 - Al Walker
2014 - Terry Cole
2013 - Lindsay Main
2012 - Richard Knott
2011 - Grant Piper
2010 - Chris Munro
2009 - Clayton Garbes
2008 - John Salisbury